Saturday, September 26, 2009

Margaritas and a (Junior League) Mixer!

Last night Patrick and I met Jeff at Meson Ole! in Patchogue for margaritas and dinner. We had a big ol' pitcher of delicious margaritas and the three of us downed it! We also attacked the chips and salsa, which are pretty damn addictive. We had a really great time catching up and telling stories about our jobs and life. Danced to Shakira in the car on the way home and collapsed in bed. Good times.

Today was Super Saturday at the Junior League of Long Island, and it was a lot of fun! I met some fabulous new Provisionals and I think that we have a great group coming in this year. I'm really excited about our Junior League Provisional Project, Kids in the Kitchen. Kids in the Kitchen is an initiative by AJLI to promote healthy eating and physical activities for kids. From the AJLI website: The goal of the Junior Leagues' Kids in the Kitchen initiative, which is supported by The Association of Junior Leagues International Inc. and its member Leagues, is to empower youth to make healthy lifestyle choices and help reverse the growth of childhood obesity and its associated health issues.  I'm really happy that JLLI has chosen this as our Provisional project, especially since obesity is an epidemic in our nation and I firmly believe that healthy eating and healthy habits must be implemented in our youth so they can make informed decisions about food and wellness. When I was younger, even though TV was a part of our lives, we did go outside and play pretty frequently. Now, I rarely see kids playing outside after school. I'm confident that our Provisionals will hold an excellent event and help make a difference, even if it's with a small group of children.

It's Saturday night and what are my plans, you may ask? I'm staying in at the moment, working on some stories for our JLLI newsletter. My beau is coming home from PA tonight so I'm excited to see him later on. Patrick and I are going to IKEA tomorrow to pick out some furniture and things for our apartment - I'm so excited about moving in! I love picking out furniture and tchotchkes.

Enjoy your Saturday night, kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment