Monday, September 21, 2009

...all about my weekend!

This weekend was highly anticipated. Why? Because I got to go back to Porter's On The Lane in Bellport Village and write another review! Mandi and I headed over to Porter's on Saturday night and we sat on the deck overlooking Bellport Lane. It was a cool night and it was absolutely gorgeous! We sampled the raw bar and dessert was EPIC. Curious? Read more about it HERE, or support your local newspaper and pick up a copy of this week's issue of the Long Island Advance!

After dinner Saturday night, I headed over to East Islip, picked up my dear friend Bill. It was one of those nights where we wanted to see where the night took us, and the night took us to Babylon Village and Mary Carroll's pub. It was my first time checking out Mary Carroll's, and I wasn't disappointed. Bill and I grabbed our Blue Point Blueberry Ales and Blue Moon and watched the Yankees game on a plasma TV. We stayed there for a while and then we headed back to Bay Shore and to the Playhouse Pub for martinis! The Playhouse is located next to the historic Boulton Center theater, where we saw Vienna Teng perform two years ago. I sampled the Chai Berry martini, and DAYUM it was strong, but oh, so good. We stayed there the rest of the night and had a great time.

Sunday! Went to the gym, parked myself on the couch with a pumpkin spice latte and wrote my review of Porter's for the Advance, and headed out to Painters' in Brookhaven Hamlet with Gerry. I had never eaten dinner at Painters' before - it's my go-to spot for strong appletinis and great dancing when I want to stay local. Gerry and I tried the sushi tuna on crispy wonton skins with Asian slaw and wasabi aioli, and it was delicious! Our salads were also fantastic - Gerry got the blackened steak salad and raved about it. I had the apple walnut salad with grilled shrimp and gorgonzola, and it was a perfect late summer salad.

After dinner, we headed over to the Gateway Playhouse in Bellport and caught a performance of A Chorus Line. It was mind-blowing!!! For those of you who haven't seen A Chorus Line, it's a musical about actors auditioning for a Broadway chorus line. The musical is set in 1975, and some of the themes (growing up, performance anxiety, sexuality, familial relationships) remain current. The actors and actresses did a great job with this performance, and I definitely recommend checking it out if you're in the area!

No comments:

Post a Comment