Monday, October 5, 2009

story of my weekend.


albany.



 
indian ladder farms in latham


emily <3s cider!



spectacular views.




 

 emily and rob, enjoying the view



 breathtaking.

Unfortunately, my camera died after I took these gorgeous photos! Emily and Rob took me out to Lark Street on Saturday night and we went to a little bistro called Justin's. It was a cozy, intimate little place with jazz on Saturday nights. We missed the jazz- they were just setting up when we were there. The three of us sampled a cheese plate with brie, apples, and bread. Oh, my goodness- the fruit was so fresh and the cheese was too! Emily convinced me to try the toasted bread with brie, apple slices, and spicy mustard. Wow. Just WOW. Let's just say I've never had mustard like that - the seeds were still in it and it was SO good and tangy. I had the Mexican salad with a glass of Reisling, and it was a nice dinner. Afterwards we walked down to the Wine Bar and Bistro on Lark, and it was just the cutest little place! It was in a basement of one of the buildings and it looked just like a little European hangout. The wine selection was really diverse and I sampled the German Reisling that they had offered. It was delicious and it was the perfect way to cap off a great night! That day, we sampled apple cider doughnuts from Indian Head Farms, and those would have gone really well with a white wine if I wanted to be really gluttonous... :)

All in all, it was an educational, fun, enjoyable weekend spent in Albany, and I really felt like fall was truly here!

 
i <3 my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Jessie, this is a great blog post-many props!! You are inspiring me to start a similar blog of my own, definitely after I graduate though!! lol

    You took GREAT pictures. :) Rock on, Girlie!! Miss ya! <3

    ReplyDelete